Hello! I am currently working on an extensive program, covering all the professional aspects of natural dyeing. This course will run over a year, being based on project works and portfolio building. This course will also be available to students from abroad and students who can't travel to our workshop. The entire content will be available online (login only), with regular in person online meetings (also recorded). For students who can attend the classes in person, we will meet several times during the year, also shared online.
The course will be run by a schedule, (though you will have amble time to conclude your project each time about 2weeks - 4weeks), there will be an expected delivery date for each project, which will vary in scale. It is important to keep up with the schedule in order to get the most out of it. There will be some fun involved too, I promise ;-)
The course will be hosted on a special community learning platform.
Some of what you will learn:
- Different mordanting techniques for different fibres and different colour outcomes
- Different groups of tannins and the different groups and uses of all major dyes in detail from growing to dyeing
- Learning 4 different kinds of Indigo Vats
- Learning, creating and maintaining a proper fermentation Vat
- Creating different colours/shades by combining dyes, tannins, mordants etc.
- Creating difficult colours like black, turquoise and historical colours like Amish purple
- Looking at other dyeing techniques rust dyeing, flower printing
- Resist dyeing, pastes, printing
- We will look at, share and create with your country specific dyes.
- Professional dyeing practices /hobby dyeing
After attending this course, you will be able to open up your own professional dye practice, incorporate natural dyeing in your art or crafting business, teach others, take it further or simply become a really good home/hobby dyer.
If you are interested, you can sign up to my newsletter or send me a personal email and I will let you know when the course will be available.